“Let your vision be world embracing…” ~ Bahá’u’lláh
- Throughout history, God has sent to humanity a series of divine Educators—known as Manifestations of God—whose teachings have provided the basis for the advancement of civilization. These Manifestations have included Abraham, Krishna, Zoroaster, Moses, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhammad. Bahá’u’lláh, the latest of these Messengers, explained that the religions of the world come from the same Source and are in essence successive chapters of one religion from God.
Bahá’ís believe the crucial need facing humanity is to find a unifying vision of the future of society and of the nature and purpose of life. Such a vision unfolds in the writings of Bahá’u’lláh.
- Bahá’ís Believe
- All humanity is one family.
- There is one God.
- All major religions come from God.
- Women and men are equal.
- All prejudice—racial, religious, national, or economic—is destructive and must be overcome.
- We must investigate truth for ourselves.
- Science and religion are in harmony.
- Our economic problems are linked to spiritual problems.
- The family and its unity are very important.
- The Bahá’í Faith is an independent world religion that was founded in 1844 and has been present in Canada since 1898 and in Moose Jaw since 1960.
Bahá’ís come from diverse backgrounds and are dedicated to the promotion of a global society that reconciles the spiritual and material aspects of life.
They work with their friends and neighbours to strengthen communities through the spiritual education of children, the empowerment of young people, the enrichment of the devotional character of community life, and the expansion of capacities for service.
For More Information
The Bahá’í Faith
The website of the worldwide Bahá’í community
The Bahá’í Community of Canada
The website of the Canadian Bahá‘í community
What Bahá’ís Believe
Bahá’u’lláh and His Covenant
The Life of Bahá’u’lláh
A Photographic Narrative
The Bahá’í Community of Moose Jaw
Moose Jaw, Sask.
Website Copyright © The Bahá’í Community of Moose Jaw
Photographs Copyright © Bahá’í International Community & Larry I. Gusaas